Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Low Carb Keto Apple Cheese Danish with Cloud Bread

Written By Unknown on Sunday 29 September 2024 | 15:27


These Sugar Free Low Carb Mini Cloud Bread Keto Cheese Danish are gluten free, grain free and the perfect serving size! Just 2 grams of total carbs per danish!

apple cheese cloud bread danish-5

Mini Keto Cheese Danish

These little mini danish have a wonderful light texture using my Cloud Bread Loaf recipe with a creamy center of tasty apple mixed with cream cheese. 

Portion control can be more difficult for some than others and has and always continues to be a problem for me so making perfectly portioned servings works for me. I eat just one, share with my family then store away the rest. Out of sight, out of mind, helps me a whole lot even with a low-carb recipe like this one. 

But even if portion control isn't a problem for you, having individual pieces like this are great for the kids to help themselves, no slicing required. Once cooked and cooled they store in the fridge for at least 5 days.

It's an easy breakfast too for busy Grab-N-Go kind of mornings!  

apple cheese cloud bread danish-1

Are Apples Keto?

No foods are technically keto. Ketosis is a metabolic state your body is in when you eat a very low carb diet. 

How many carbs you need to eat or not eat will make a difference in getting your body into ketosis to burn your own body fat for fat loss. That carb amount will be different for each person.

1 small apple at 149 grams has about 77 calories and 20 grams of total carbohydrates. Some people following a keto diet will only allow themselves 20 grams of carb intake for the entire day so eating one small apple would not be helpful for them and may kick them out of ketosis.

If you're on a low-carb diet with eating more than 50 grams of total carb a day, I would say, yes you can enjoy an apple on occasion. 

All the nutrition info for every recipe I share is on the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. 

apple cheese cloud bread danish-2

Sliced apples on top is totally optional on this low carb cream cheese danish.

I added them to all the pieces because I knew my crew would be eating them up before I could even store them all. Waiting to add the slices before serving is also an option.

I topped them with a little drizzle of Sukrin Gold Fiber syrup which is sugar free and resembles maple syrup. This is totally optional but it adds a nice flavor and color on top.

apple cheese cloud bread danish-3

I'm inspired by many things when I make my recipes, TV cooking shows, food magazines, friends recipes, Pinterest and other bloggers.

While I've made a few Cloud Bread recipes and had originally planned to use my Fat Head dough for these mini danish, I decided for the first time to try my Cloud Bread recipe instead. 

If you haven't tried cloud bread or another name is oopsie bread, it is light with an airy texture and this mini cloud bread recipe variation hits the spot.  I've also successfully  used my fathead dough for low-carb cinnamon rolls that are out of this world!

I do still think if you want a little more substance then I would recommend using my coconut flour Low Carb Fathead Dough that's made with a combination of cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. It's a buttery golden brown pastry dough used in my traditional Cheese Danish recipe as well as my keto sugar free cinnamon rolls.  

Here's my Orginial Cheese Danish easy recipe  using my fat head dough I adapted from.

apple cheese cloud bread danish-4

Can I Replace the Cream Cheese with Cottage Cheese?

I do not recommend replacing cream cheese with cottage cheese for these danish. I have seen many people on tiktok- make a cottage cheese cheesecake but I haven't tried it myself. 

apple cheese cloud bread danish-6

How to Store Apple Keto Cheese Danish

For best results and because we are using cream cheese, it's best to store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. 

Here's my Orginial Cheese Danish recipe  using my fat head dough I adapted from.

Want Even more Tasty Keto-Friendly Recipes, Look no further! The best way to not miss any recipes is to Sign up for my free email newsletter which sends you all my delicious low carb recipes right to you inbox!

More Cloud Bread Recipes

Paleo English Muffin

Cottage Cheese Cloud Bread Loaf

Cinnamon Swirl Cloud Bread Loaf

Garlic Herb Cottage Cheese Cloud Keto Bread

Dairy Free Cloud Bread

90 second Cottage Cheese Bread English Muffins

Keto Low Carb Cloud Bread Apple Danish

Print

Mini Low Carb Cloud Bread Apple Cheese Danish

Course Breakfast
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 18 mini danish
Calories 122kcal
Author Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom

Ingredients

Cloud Bread Recipe

Filling:

Instructions

Cloud Bread

  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheet pans with pieces of parchment paper or silpat.
  • Place your egg whites in a stand mixer with the cream of tartar or use a large bowl and whip until stiff peaks. Set aside. Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the remaining cloud bread ingredients and stir well to combine. Fold in a small amount of whipped egg whites into the egg yolk mixture a little at a time until it's all incorporated. Make 18 dough balls by scooping the mixture on a silpat or parchment lined baking pan.

Filling

  • Place all filling ingredients in a stand mixer and blend until smooth.

Prepare

  • Make small indentions in the rolls to add the filling. Use a cookie scoop or add 2 tablespoon of filling to each roll.
  • Bake 25- 30 minutes.
  • Allow to cool.
  • Top with slices of apple and sugar free maple syrup if desired.
  • Keep refrigerated.

Video

Notes

This recipe makes 18 mini danish.
This recipe was first published in September 2016.

Nutrition

Serving: 1apple danish | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 71mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 392IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.3mg

 

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment