Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » The secret smoothie ingredients the IQS team swear by

The secret smoothie ingredients the IQS team swear by

Written By Unknown on Sunday 5 November 2017 | 16:08


Who doesn’t love a smoothie?

Not only are they an easy way to squeeze in a few extra nutrients, but they make the perfect toteable brekkie to consume when you’re strapped for time too.

These simple ingredients are the perfect way to boost the nutrient density of your smoothie without going overboard on fructose-filled fruit. So next time you make a smoothie, why not pop these tasty ingredients in your blender before you blitz…

1. Avocado.

Georgia, food and recipes manager – “Avo makes my smoothies so thick and creamy, and the healthy fats help to keep me fuller for longer.”

To make like Georgia, try our Liver Detox Smoothie, which includes avo!

2. Peanut butter.

Phoebe, writer and content creator – “ It’s no secret that I love peanut butter (I eat it straight from the jar!), so of course, I jump at the chance to pop it in a smoothie. As it’s high in protein, it helps with muscle recovery and the healthy fats keep me satiated too. It goes perfectly with cacao for a choccy-pb smoothie.”

Phoebe is a peanut butter fanatic and loves our Chocolate Peanut Butter Mud Shake.

3. Greek yoghurt.

Maddy, office manager – “I am 100 per cent on the mixed berry and greek yoghurt train! This combo gives me a good boost of antioxidants and probiotics, which is beneficial because #guthealth matters!”

Mixed berries and greek yoghurt come together perfectly in the IQS Berry Yoghurt Smoothie.

4. Cacao.

Eliza, online community coordinator – “Cacao gives me a little chocolatey hit and kicks the cravings! My favourite combo is coconut milk, half a frozen banana, spinach, cacao and nut butter.”

5. Frozen coconut milk cubes.

Liv, nutritionist and IQS recipe developer – “I’m coconut obsessed and these make my smoothies rich and creamy like ice cream! I love topping my blend with coconut flakes and cacao nibs to give a bit of crunch!”

Got half a can of coconut milk leftover? Simply pour into ice cube trays and freeze.

6. Spinach.

Becky, customer service team lead – “I love to include greens in my smoothies to make sure I’m hitting my 7–9 serves of veggies each day. I love how beautiful it looks and that I’m getting stacks of goodness in each mouthful!”

Our Kiwi Smash smoothie is filled to the brim with spinach (and you wouldn’t even know it!).

What’s your fave smoothie combo? Let us know in the comments below.

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment