Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Daily rituals for good health

Written By Unknown on Friday 25 August 2017 | 18:01


At IQS, we’re huge advocates of daily rituals and routines and we’re always looking for tips and tricks to try at home. So we thought, who better to ask about the benefits of daily rituals than our very own IQS expert, Carla Thomas.

Here, she shares some juicy tips from her book, The Juicy Movement: A Holistic Approach to Clean Living.

***

Feeling unbalanced with a lack or loss of energy are clear signs you’re not in an ideal state of health. When I started noticing this in myself, I found that being consistent with the below list of principles and daily rituals allowed me to cope better with life – especially stress and anxiety.

When I ignored some (or all of them), life seemed harder and I would struggle mentally, emotionally and physically.

If you’re seeking out the “secret” to health, I’m going to stop you right there. Health is an assimilation of many small habits that work together to create that thing we’re forever seeking… balance.

But, guess what? These rituals are all pretty simple and achievable for you to start implementing into your day and they will help get you there, so why not give it a go?

Here’s what I do on a daily basis…


Wholefood daily supplement.

First thing in the morning I chug down half a litre of water with freshly squeezed lemon and my personal supplements.

Stretch.

After hydrating and wholefood-loading, I pull out my yoga mat and foam roller and take 10–20 minutes to stretch.

Oil Pulling.

Sarah Wilson actually got me into this ancient Ayurvedic practice! Before brushing my teeth, I swirl coconut oil around my mouth for 10–20 minutes.

Coffee.

I used to be a coffee snob, believing it was detrimental to our health. But then I tried Bulletproof Coffee and my world changed forever! I love to flavour mine with cardamom, cinnamon, and vanilla. Yum!

Personal Development.

If you’re not growing, you’re shrinking! Before I even touch work I get my morning hit of PD. It could be as simple as watching a YouTube clip, reading a few chapters of a book or listening to a podcast. Whatever inspires me to think and live on a greater, deeper level.

Breakfast.

Undoubtedly my favourite meal of the day, I usually enjoy mine 2–3 hours after waking. I’m a smoothie or breakfast bowl kind of gal, but I love eggs, spinach, avocado and smoked salmon on toast during the weekend when catching up with friends for brekkie.

Move.

As human beings, we were born to move and it’s something I can’t go without. I enjoy running, walks with the dog, yoga, dancing and most recently, Pilates.

Gratitude.

Gratitude isn’t just being grateful when something goes right or doesn’t go wrong. It’s being grateful for what you already have and who you already are. I keep a gratitude diary and read 2–3 affirmations out loud and often to my husband as I hop into bed at night. Before I drift off, I go through my day and remember all the things I’m grateful for.

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment