Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Easy 1 minute Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 11 September 2024 | 04:27


This Mini Keto Gluten-Free Mug Cake is actually a Pumpkin Cake recipe made Sugar-Free, Grain Free, and Nut Free. It's layered with Sugar-Free Maple Cream frosting between perfect pumpkin spice cake! Just 4 g net carbs per serving!

pumpkin-cream-layered-mug-cake-2

Easy Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake

This pumpkin mug cake is made in minutes and tastes like all the fall flavors you love! It is heavenly all by itself, but adding some Sugar-Free Maple Cream Frosting  between those layers of perfectly moist pumpkin cake is even better!

I don't know who it was who dreamed up the idea for mug cakes made in minutes in the microwave, but whoever it was, I am eternally grateful!  

I love mug cakes and love creating new flavors and combinations! This delicious keto mug cake is my favorite for this time of year! 

Baking instructions are included in the directions on the recipe card below if you're not into using a microwave. Printable recipe card and nutrition information are all at the bottom of this blog post. 

pumpkin-cream-layered-mug-cake-1

Quick Low Carb Pumpkin Mug Cake

I'm a busy homeschooling mom who runs a full time business from home and is on a keto diet. I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands to make beautiful traditional cakes and I have very few on my blog as a result. 

I only make traditional, large portion cakes for birthdays and holidays and that is it.

One of the biggest reasons is that I have a problem with portion control. Once keto desserts are there sitting on the counter or in the fridge I can not seem to control myself wanting a piece each day. Keto mug cake recipes are made for people like me.

I think the orginial mug cake idea was probably made for just one single serving. And I have a bunch of them on my blog because that's how I roll.

Make it. Eat it. Forget about it. No more going back for seconds because there isn't any with a single keto cake made in a microwave-safe mug, you make it once and it's done, no leftovers. That works for me.

But it's also a good idea for my whole family. My children have got that sweet tooth like their momma. They need portion control just like I do.

In comes my idea for a low carb mug cake made for more than one. More like 2-4 depending on your portion control issues. 

pumpkin-cream-layered-mug-cake-3

Can I swap the low-carb sweetener?

I use a variety of sugar free sweeteners. When it comes to keto recipes, using a combination of two different sweeteners helps to not have any aftertaste.

I avoid sugar alcohols like Maltitol, Sorbitol because they cause me GI distress. I have used erythritol but since studies have come out about health concerns, I am trying to steer clear of using it in my recipes knowing that many of you are questioning using it as well. 

Lately I have been using a blend of monk fruit and allulose sweetener which is working well in my recipes. I also love liquid monk fruit and liquid stevia. 

If you don't have cinnamon liquid stevia, clear or vanilla stevia is fine to use as well. You could also just use more granulated sweetener if you prefer not to use liquid, just taste and adjust as needed for the frosting.

Here's my Sweetener Guide & Conversion Chart.

pumpkin-cream-layered-mug-cake-4

Healthy Mug Cake Recipe

Make two perfect little mug cakes. Make frosting. Layer just like you would for a regular large cake.

The first time I tried this idea was for my hubby. It was a Red Velvet Valentine's Couple's Mug Cake and it was what has gotten me to love the whole layering mug cake idea.

pumpkin-cream-layered-mug-cake-5

I've been on a crazy mission ever since making these layered mug cakes!

And now this!

pumpkin-cream-layered-mug-cake-6

While it's still a delicious low carb dessert, it's just mini!

Slice into 4 sections. The great thing is I get one piece and each of my 3 kids get a piece. No leftovers and that is the best thing if you have portion control issues.

Afternoon time once school is done, this is the perfect little snack. No sugar, not a whole lot of calories so it won't ruin their dinner and it's made in minutes. Nothing sweeter to a mom like me then some extra time on my hands instead of slaving in the kitchen making cake!

Healthy Pumpkin Mug Cake with Maple Cream Frosting

Print

Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Maple Cream Layered Mug Cake

Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Calories 242kcal
Author Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom

Ingredients

Maple Cream Frosting

Instructions

  • Whisk first 3 wet ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until combined.
  • Stir in remaining dry ingredients.
  • Grease 2 ramekins or you can use a coffee mug. I used quiche ramekins which are more shallow.
  • Divided batter among 2 serving mugs or ramekins.
  • Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave wattage. Microwave one cake at a time 1 minute then check with a toothpick in center, if it comes out clean it's done if not cook another 30 seconds more then check again.
  • Allow to cool completely before frosting.
  • Not into microwave or don't have one? Bake these in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
  • Make the frosting by placing all ingredients into a stand mixer and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed. Frost cake and enjoy!
  • Store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. 

Video

Notes

4 grams net carbs
  • Nutrition Info does include frosting.
  • This recipe was first published in September 2016 and updated with video in October 2018. 

Nutrition

Serving: 1piece | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3785IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 0.8mg
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment