Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » The healthy New Year’s resolutions (made by the IQS team)

The healthy New Year’s resolutions (made by the IQS team)

Written By Unknown on Saturday 30 December 2017 | 14:04


Ah, it’s that time of year when everyone wants to know what your big resolution is for 2018…

Often, we get tied up in massive goals that we very quickly forget about come January.

So we turned to each other for some simple (but healthy) resolution inspo – feel free to steal these for yourself!

Our food and recipes manager, Georgia, wants to schedule in some time to pause.

“My New Year’s promise to myself is to press pause once in a while. When you’re running full steam all the time, it’s easy to ignore the signals your body’s giving you to take a step back. Ignoring those signals this year has meant that my health has taken a bit of a dip! So in 2018, I plan to not plan (so much!) and schedule in some me time.”

It’s all about moving for our office manager, Maddy.

“Truth be told, I’m not a huge fan of New Year’s resolutions. But, in 2018 I would like to up the ante when it comes to exercise and improve my overall fitness levels.”

Our senior content and editorial manager, Ash, wants to be a lil’ more mindful.

“I’m someone who has dipped in and out of mindfulness practices like meditation over the years, but I notice when I give it my attention, I’m a much calmer (and nicer!) person to be around.” *Downloads 1GiantMind app right now*

Some outdoor exploration is on the cards for Eliza, our online community coordinator.

“As an ex-Melburnian, I want to make the most of the beautiful weather, beaches and parks here in Sydney. So, I’m ditching the gym and going to regularly head out and about for my morning workout. Nothing sets me up better for the day then a morning run and a dip in the ocean!”

Alex, our junior writer, wants to leave being a worrywart in 2017 and improve her meditation skills.

“I used to use the Headspace meditation app most days and found it extremely helpful, but after letting it fall by the wayside in recent months, I’ve noticed a big difference. I’m naturally a worrywart and find that meditation helps to calm me down!”

Phoebe, our writer and content creator, wants to focus on getting those precious zzzs in.

“My intention this year is to get more sleep! This may seem like a silly and fairly easy thing to fix, but I’ve come to realise that not getting my seven hours of shut-eye each night dramatically impacts my immune system, mood and overall health!”

Christina, our social media executive, is going to become the master of mornings.

“I want to be more conscious of how I start my mornings! My recipe for success is to focus on an intention every single day and tackle the day with ease.”

Gut-lovin’ is on the list for Becky, our customer service team lead.

“I already dabble in making my own kombucha and adding gelatin to my cups of tea, but I want to make sure I’m boosting my gut health with every meal. Sauerkraut, sourdough, kimchi and kefir – here I come!”

What’s your healthy New Year’s resolution? Tell us in the comments below!

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment