Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » What the IQS food + recipes manager eats in a day

What the IQS food + recipes manager eats in a day

Written By Unknown on Sunday 21 May 2017 | 23:21


Ever wanted to have a sneak peek into what the IQS team actually eat? Well here’s your chance!

Our very own nutritionist and food + recipes manager, Georgia Bellas, has pulled back the (table) cloth and let us all into her daily food diary.

Breakfast: Quinoa + Sweet Potato Fritters (with the lot!).

Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day! I definitely have more of a savoury palate than a sweet tooth, so brekkie will always be something egg-based with avocado. This gives me a good dose of protein and healthy fats to keep me full and roaring until lunch. And let’s be honest here – avocado, enough said!

On this day, I used fritters that I had cooked up over the weekend, fried an egg with some kale and topped it with avo. I’m all about the one-pan dishes (washing up! need I say more), so this is easily my favourite go-to brekkie!

Want more fritters? Check out our Corn Fritters with Bacon and Avocado Salsa.

I Quit Sugar - What the IQS food + recipes manager eats in a day

Lunch: Tuna Salad Mish Mash.

I had quite a busy morning and hadn’t really prepared my lunch, so I decided to whip together a bunch of leftover veggies that I had in the fridge. And voila! I present my tuna salad mish-mash.

Here I’ve used a mixture of spinach and kale leaves, added some shredded carrot, beetroot and zucchini (leftovers from dinner) and the last of my freezer stock of chickpeas. Quick, easy and saving on waste!

And even though this looks like a salad for 2, I can assure you I finished the lot!

For another chop-and-toss-add-your-leftovers salad check out our Tangled Thai Chicken Salad!

I Quit Sugar - What the IQS food + recipes manager eats in a day

Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken Soup.

There’s a running joke in the IQS office that I mention I’m Greek at least 3 times a day. And I have to admit, my sentences tend to start with either “In my village in Greece”, or “When my Yiayia (grandma) would cook…” or “Add more lemon”. So there’s no surprises that a lot of my cooking is influenced by my culture.

When I’m feeling especially Greek and in the mood for something warming, I always whip up a batch of my Yiayia’s Avgolemono Soup. In her recipe, the chicken (bones and all) is cooked in the soup to create a stock, which makes it a one-pot dish (again with the one-pot!) and super nutritious. It’s also packed full of herbs and veggies and works out to be about $2.60 a bowl! Winning!

For another IQS one-pot soup check out our Green Minestrone.

What does your average day on a plate look like?

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment