Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Best Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Whipped Dalgona Coffee

Written By Unknown on Thursday 11 April 2024 | 04:27


Sugar Free Dalgona Coffee needs just 3 main ingredients and you've got a keto, low carb, paleo, fantastic whipped coffee beverage enjoyed iced or hot!

WHAT IS DALGONA COFFEE?

Whipped coffee or Korean Dalgona coffee, popular in South Korea, has been around for a long time. Just recently the latest trend on Tik Tok became a viral TikTok coffee that everyone was making and then Instagram too.

It's a creamy coffee whip beverage made with just equal parts of instant coffee or instant espresso, and sugar and hot water. 

Obviously when you're on a keto diet or low carb diet or just trying to reduce your sugar intake, you want to avoid added sugar and avoid the original Dalgona coffee recipe. I made it sugar free following the original recipe. 

I was super skeptical and quite surprised how it actually thickened like the regular Dalgona coffee and became whipped in texture like a coffee foam, even though I swapped the sugar for a a little bit of sugar free sweetener. 

So this whipped coffee mixture works and it works wonderfully and is perfectly delightful when combined with ice cold unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk. You could also use unsweetened coconut milk or heavy cream if you prefer. 

Once thoroughly mixed, it takes on a frappuccino style whipped consistency coffee drink that is completely luscious! It's perfect for any coffee lover who wants a keto coffee without too much extra ingredients and fat.

It has just 2 grams of carbohydrates or 1 g net carbs. All nutritional information is at the bottom of this page on the printable recipe card.

Type of Instant Coffee

I used Medaglia d'Oro Italian Roast Espresso Instant Coffee which is a blend of imported espresso coffees, double-roasted for that traditional espresso intense coffee flavor. 

Regular ground coffee doesn't work as instant coffee does for this recipe. 

Another great option is this by Whole Foods, a Vienna roast instant coffee for a less intense coffee flavor.

Best Keto Dalgona Coffee

I experimented with the ratios of instant coffee (it does not work with already brewed coffee), sugar free sweetener and water quite a bit.

While my husband and oldest son liked the orginial ratio of 2 tablespoons of coffee with 2 tablespoons of sweetener and 2 tablespoons of hot water, I felt it was quite bitter, as did my teenage daughter. 

You can certainly try the original ratios to see how you like it, but if you're anything like me and not really into strong, bitter coffee, try my recipe below.

With the addition of spices and extracts and using a bit less coffee, this keto version is amazing!

Natural Sugar-Free Sweetener Options

I've tried this recipe multiple times with different low carb sweeteners. The one I feel is best, with no graininess, is Swerve confectioners. I did also like the flavor using the Swerve Brown sugar sub, but it did have somewhat of a grainy texture because the brown sugar substitute is granulated Swerve.  

I haven't tried it with Monk Fruit as most contain erythritol and I felt it would also be grainy. The only monkfruit sweetener I've found that doesn't have erythritol is liquid monk fruit but I've not tested this recipe using that. 

I've also tried this with liquid Allulose and powdered Allulose. I am a fan of Allulose as a sweetener in recipes like ice cream, see my Coffee Semi-Freddo, I did not like the flavor as much for this recipe, but it will still work if you prefer to use it.

My preference is still the confectioners Swerve, not a granulated sweetener, for best results but feel free to use my SWEETENER GUIDE AND CONVERSION CHART .

TOOLS TO MAKE Keto DALGONA COFFEE Recipe

You really just need a stand mixer, or bowl using an electric mixer or a hand mixer to make this very quickly. It will take about 3 minutes to get it whipped really well to stiff peaks.

You can do this by hand using a hand whisk, but it will take forever and in my opinion, not worth my time, use the mixer for a quick fluffy coffee, folks!

Sugar Free Whipped Coffee Recipe

I personally think the best way to having this sugar free whipped coffee over cold milk and some ice cubes. I used unsweetened almond milk over ice and it was the tastiest.

It completely surprises me that even without heavy cream, I am enjoying an iced frappe like latte. 

It's best to stir the whipped coffee into the iced almond milk to really get it absorbed well. This will make the texture creamy and the latte taste even better than sipping it with it just sitting on top of the milk. 

Here's the LIVE Video showing you how I made this delicious coffee:

Other Coffee Keto Recipes You might Like:

SUGAR FREE KETO DALGONA COFFEE

Print

Sugar Free Whipped Coffee

Prep Time 3 minutes
Servings 2 servings
Calories 10kcal
Author Brenda Bennett/ Sugar Free Mom

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Combine all the ingredients, except the hot water, into a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or large mixing bowl using a hand held mixer. Mix to combine.
  • Pour in the hot water and turn the stand mixer on high speed, number 6, for 1 minute. Scrap down the sides of the bowl and blend on high again for 2-3 more minutes for the right consistency or until lighter in color and whipped in texture. Taste and adjust to your level of sweetness.
  • Heat a cup of unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice or serve milk over ice and spoon half the whipped coffee into your glass. If enjoying this iced, I'd suggest stirring to combine the whipped coffee into the milk very well to make more like a latte.

Video

 

Notes

Net Carbs: 1 g
This recipe was first published in April 2020 and updated in September 2021. 

Nutrition

Serving: 1serving | Calories: 10kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment