Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » Ask an Ambassador: What do I do AFTER I’ve quit sugar?

Ask an Ambassador: What do I do AFTER I’ve quit sugar?

Written By Unknown on Thursday 9 March 2017 | 19:01


Finishing the I Quit Sugar: 8 Week Program can be both exciting and daunting – a bit like taking off the training wheels.

I was pretty nervous completing my first program in 2014 (way before I was an ambassador). One of the first things I did was buy a diet Coke. With great anticipation, I took a sip, and it was… awful. Too sweet, too artificial – I haven’t touched it since!

Besides shocking your taste buds with soft drink, there are lots of things you can do stay on the wagon. In this instalment of the Ask an Ambassador series, I’ve rounded up the IQS ambassadors best tips for life after you quit sugar. (On the program now? Bookmark this for later!)

Have a game plan.

Kim says meal planning not only cuts down on food waste, but stops you reaching for ready meals and takeaways. And it seems we all agree!

Mel creates plans from her favourite Program meals, while Rowena files her recipes by ‘quick weekday eats’ and ‘weekend wonders’ to use as a reference guide. Clever!

Freeze!

Tracey cooks double quantities so there’s always a spare meal in the freezer. Sarah also makes her favourite meals in batches to last two weeks. Now that’s organised.

Angie bakes and freezes one low-sugar treat each week for the kids, while Jenni loves to freeze savoury bread and muffins for quick breakfasts on the go.

Make it your own.

Variety is the spice of life, right? We love to recreate our favourite stir-fries and curries from scratch, instead of using bottled sauces. Claire also likes to reinvent the 8WP recipes, trying out different variations.

Have your birthday cake…

… and eat it, too! Sugar-free doesn’t mean self-deprivation. Leanne says that if you really want something, have it! It’s a great opportunity to be mindful about how it makes you feel and to know when you’ve had enough (that’s food freedom!).

Get social!

The IQS community is wonderfully supportive. Diana found staying connected definitely helped her stay on track and motivated. Kim also fine-tuned her social media feed to follow people who inspired her.

Rani recommends joining the Friends of I Quit Sugar Facebook group to keep in touch. Also, get in touch with the ambassadors for support. We’re always down for a chat!

Stop, recalibrate and listen.

If sugar does start creeping in a little too much, be gentle with yourself. Bonni suggests finding a supportive friend you can be accountable to, or asking for support from the online IQS community.

And Laura emphasises the importance of listening to your body – focus on how you feel.

Study up.

Mandi subscribed to the IQS blog for inspiration, information and recipes. If she feels herself losing focus, Claire reads Dr Robert Lustig’s Fat Chance and goes into research mode, as a reminder of why she decided to quit sugar.

Consider signing up again!

Without intending to sound like a sales pitch… I signed up for a second round to access the extra recipes. But I also found it also helped me realise how far I’d come, to reconnect with the community and to let go and fully enjoy the journey!

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment