Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Sugar Free Keto Scrambled Egg Chocolate Pudding

Written By Unknown on Monday 2 September 2024 | 16:27


This super easy and quick, delicious protein pudding is secretly made with scrambled eggs and no one will know! This simple recipe is ideal if you have family, especially children who don't like eating eggs. 2 eggs per serving in this sugar free keto chocolate pudding! 13 grams protein and just 2 g net carbs!

SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE Protein PUDDING

Sugar Free Chocolate pudding is one of my most favorite keto desserts and one you can easily make using your favorite sugar free, low carb sweetener of choice.

No protein powder is used in this easy keto chocolate pudding. No raw eggs, or just using raw egg yolks and no xanthan gum either to thicken it!

It's made with cooked scrambled eggs for these easiest homemade pudding you will ever make!

For this sugar free chocolate pudding back in 2020 when I first made this I did use this Swerve Confectioners which is an erythritol based sweetener.  

With all the new studies coming out on erythritol, I realize many of you are worried about using it, so I have started to use this Monk Fruit Allulose blend which I really like. 

But feel free to just add a small amount of your favorite low carb sweetener and taste and adjust as you need. 

I am currently enjoying using Monk Fruit Chocolate Liquid sweetener and it would also be delicious in this sugar free chocolate pudding, plus no after taste.

I don't use artificial sweeteners as they are known to spike blood sugar and cause cravings. The only natural sugar free sweeteners I use is stevia, monk fruit, and allulose. 

Recently this summer I noticed that Bethany on Tiktok- make my recipe for scrambled egg chocolate pudding.

She didn't credit me and did change the recipe using honey instead of a sugar free low-carb sweetener. She also used whole milk instead of unsweetened almond milk as mine has.

Social media is fair play for recipes, and I guess I need to just accept that fact that so many with a youtube channel or on Tiktok, just don't give credit to the original recipe developer. 

So today I am grateful that Bethany found my scrambled egg chocolate pudding recipe and made a tiktok for it, as it reminded me how good it is for the whole family, not just those on a keto diet and it also motivated me to redo the original low carb sweetener used anyway. 

MARIA'S HARD BOILED EGG PUDDING

My good friend and fellow food blogger Maria Emmerich, is the mastermind behind this genius idea to add eggs to pudding to get her son who hated eggs when he was a toddler to get in more protein. You can read about her story and see her hard boiled egg pudding recipe here.

I adapted from her recipe over the last year since my teenage daughter also just hates eggs. I did start with the amount of hard boiled eggs Maria uses in her recipe but found the smell was a dead giveaway, at least for my family.

I ended up reducing the eggs to 6 and that did seem to help with the smell. But I also wanted to reduce the time involved in making this recipe since I often make it when my daughter is not in the house.

One day I just scrambled eggs and she wasn't home and I told my husband, "I'm going to see if scrambled eggs as opposed to hard boiled will still produce a creamy pudding"! He wasn't quite sure it would work, but YES IT DID!!!

I am super grateful for Maria for sharing her lovely egg recipe and I even asked her if would mind me sharing my scrambled egg pudding recipe adapted from her, and of course, she was perfectly fine with it, thank you Maria! 

NO EGGY TASTE

My daughter has been eating this pudding for the whole year of 2020 and had no idea she was eating eggs!

I will have to tell her or she will soon find out when she helps me make a Reel on Instagram for this scrambled egg pudding! I promise you, that even your most difficult picky eater, will not detect the eggs in this chocolate pudding! 

MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST Protein PUDDING

My Scrambled Egg Chocolate Pudding has 2 eggs per serving making this a super nutritious way to start the day or break your fast!

13 grams of protein and 5 total carbs. Dietary fiber is 3 grams so 2 grams net carbs per pudding. All the rest of the nutritional information is in the recipe card at the bottom of this page where you can print this recipe as well. 

If you worry the kids will find out it's made with scrambled eggs and then not eat it, just make this when they are not home. 

Prepare the recipe as is, separate into individual servings and cover. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. The kids will be so excited that you will let them eat pudding for breakfast! 

MORE KETO PUDDING RECIPES:

Can I swap the almond milk?

Yes you can swap the unsweetened almond milk with coconut milk if you have a nut allergy. Canned coconut milk will make the pudding thicker in texture.

Can I change the low carb sweetener?

Yes if you don't want to use the Monk Fruit Allulose blend confectioners you can swap it with any sweetener you like.

I do not recommend any granular sweetener which will make the pudding grainy in texture. Please use my Sweetener Guide & Conversion Chart.

Do you have other flavors of this pudding?

Yes if you don't want a chocolate pudding, I also have a Banana Pudding and a Vanilla Pudding.

SCRAMBLED EGG CHOCOLATE PUDDING

Print

Scrambled Egg Chocolate Pudding (Sugar Free, Keto, Low Carb)

Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Calories 163kcal
Author Brenda Bennett/Sugar-Free Mom

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Place your scrambled eggs into a high powered blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until completely smooth in texture. Taste and adjust your sweetener if needed.
  • Pour batter evenly into 4 serving glasses and refrigerate until set, about an hour.
  • Store in the fridge covered, for up to 4 days.

Video

Notes

 2 g net carbs per pudding
This recipe was first published in March 2021.

Nutrition

Serving: 1serving | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 372mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 541IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment