Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Low Carb Keto Crispy Daikon Radish Chips Recipe

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 26 June 2024 | 03:27


Crispy Daikon Chips made in your dehydrator or oven are the most delicious low carb veggie chip and healthy snack!

Are Radish Low Carb and Keto Friendly?

​Radishes are definitely keto and low carb and can be enjoyed regularly. There are two kinds of radish, the typical one you find in the grocery store are the little red radish. 

Daikon radish looks more like a carrot but it's white in color. Either kind are fine to use for this recipe and both regular red radishes and Daikon radish, have the same amount of carbs and calories.

​One ounce of radish has 5 calories and 1 gram of carbs, according to the app Cronometer I use. 

​I've used radish to replace potatoes in my Naturally keto cookbook I made New England Calm Chowder and Zuppa Toscano soup and my family had no idea it was radish and not potato.

Crispy Baked Radish Chips

​You can bake these Daikon radish chips in the oven as long as you make sure to create very thin chips so they bake evenly and crisp up.

I'd recommend tossing the radish slices in a bowl with olive oil before adding seasonings and baking. 

You don't need to add any olive oil when using the dehydrator as they crisp up well without it. 

Can I make these in the air fryer?

​I did try these at 400 degrees F in my air fryer and they did not bake evenly.

I placed them in a single layer on my air fryer basket and baked for 5 minutes then flipped over and baked another 5 minutes, but some were burnt and some were still soggy. 

In my opinion you will get crispy baked radish chips if you dehydrate as they dehydrate evenly and all crisp up perfectly!

Carbs in Store-Bought Chips 

​Siete chips is one of the brands I buy for my kids because they are made with cassava flour and avocado oil but they are not my food as they are high in carbs.

1 ounce has 18 carbs and 1 gram of dietary fiber so this is not something that would work for someone on a keto diet.

Another brand of store-bought chips I buy my kids is Chicken chips by the brand Wilde. They are made with antibiotic free chicken breast, tapioca starch, sunflower oil, egg whites, chicken broth and a few more ingredients.

For my kids these ingredients are ok, not ideal with the sunflower oil, but not a snack I buy regularly so maybe once a month they enjoy these. 

Though they are made with chicken they have 10 total carbs per bag. Not bad but not something I eat because of the tapioca starch. That ingredient can stall weight loss.  

Can I Store these?

​These radish chips are best if enjoyed fresh after dehydrating or baking.

If needed you could store them in an airtight container but they will loose their crunchy texture. You could try reheating in an air fryer. 

​Can I make these into French Fries?

​Yes you can turn these into Daikon fries instead of chips if you prefer. Simply slice radishes into matchstick size and place into a small bowl.

Toss with olive oil and seasonings and place onto a cookie sheet pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. 

Flip over and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown for the best Daikon radish fries. I must warn you though they will not taste like potato fries but they are just as delicious! 

Low Carb Keto Crispy Daikon Radish Chips

Print

Low Carb Keto Crispy Daikon Radish Chips Recipe

Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Servings 8 @ 4 ounces
Calories 21kcal

Ingredients

Instructions

Dehydrator

  • Thinly slice to about ¼ inch in thickness, rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
  • Lay slices in a single layer on trays.
  • Whisk seasonings together and sprinkle over slices.
  • Set dehydrator to 130 degrees F for 6-8 hours.
  • Best if eaten fresh.

Oven

  • Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet pan.
  • Lay slices in a single layer on pan.
  • Whisk seasonings together and sprinkle over slices.
  • Bake for one hour then check. Smaller slices may be done, if crisp, remove and continue baking the rest for another hour.

Notes

3 g net carbs

Nutrition

Serving: 1serving @ 4 ounces | Calories: 21kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.04g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 0.3IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.5mg
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment