Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Cookie Dough Easter Eggs

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 20 March 2024 | 03:27


These Incredibly delicious chocolate Easter eggs are filled with luscious, creamy cookie dough filling! These are keto, gluten free, low carb and allergy friendly, making them one of the easiest and best Easter treats for your sweet tooth and chocolate cravings!

Sugar Free Easter Eggs

Sugar Free Chocolate Easter eggs filled with the best keto cookie dough takes minutes to make! The hardest part is waiting for this easy sugar free chocolate shell to set before indulging!

We know raw cookie dough is a no no because it can make you very sick when eating raw eggs. Our recipe has zero sugar with no raw eggs so it is an edible cookie dough that won't make you sick! 

I'm always trying to figure out new ways to impress my kiddos, especially for holidays. Easter being one of the notorious ones filled with all things added sugar and candy, they need to be wow-ed!

And wow them I did!

Carbs in Real Cookie Dough

2 tablespoons of raw cookie dough according to Cronometer, has 20 grams of total carbs, which is way to high on a keto diet and will kick you out of ketosis. 

Carbs in Keto Cookie Dough Recipe in Egg Shapes

​The printable recipe card has all the nutritional information below the recipe at the bottom of the blog post.

Our keto cookie dough Easter egg has 7 total carbs and 4 grams net carbs, which is much better for a ketogenic diet!

My kids were super impressed that these Easter treats could be enjoyed right now, even by the youngest who has a tree nut and peanut allergy. 

Recently I shared my luscious Peanut Butter Easter Eggs and of course my youngest was truly disappointed he couldn't have one bite.

He was so sad and honestly I was so sad I didn't have anything he could enjoy too. It made me determined to make something for him and others with tree nut and peanut allergies but also keep it a keto recipe for me and others who follow this lifestyle. 

When I told him everything in these cookie dough eggs were perfectly ok for him to enjoy, he was beyond thrilled and hugged me many times!

If you've got children or family members or friends with peanut allergies and tree nut allergies, any store bought candy is difficult to find without it having been made in a facility that processes nuts.

These Easter sweet sugar-free eggs will bring happiness to all of the sufferers of food allergies and they will love you for it!

Keto Sweetener Options

​If you don't have coconut liquid stevia, you can use vanilla liquid stevia or even chocolate monk fruit liquid sweetener.

If you don't have any of those, I'd recommend using a sugar-free confectioners sweetener.

I do not recommend granulated sweetener for this sugar free cookie dough recipe as it's not baked and being a no bake edible keto cookie dough batter, a granulated sweetener will not incorporate well and the texture will be crunchy and grainy. 

​Here's my Sweetener Guide & Conversion chart to help you decide how much to use in comparison to the liquid sweetener in the edible cookie dough Easter egg recipe.

You will see in my sweetener guide that using monk fruit or stevia you will need less sweetener than when using Erythritol or Allulose. 

Sugar Free Chocolate Chips

You can add mini or regular chocolate chips to the soft keto cookie dough batter.

Enjoy Life is a brand that makes chocolate chips  tree nut, peanut and soy free.

Also I like to use Lily's chocolate chips for their sugar-free baking chocolate or dark chocolate, both sweetened with stevia and erythritol.

I would love to tell you we froze the remaining 2 dozen I made when testing out my recipe, but that would be a lie.

We ate some, brought some to a friends house, shared some more ate some more stored in the freezer and now of course we have none left for Easter! Looks like I will be making a dozen more very soon!

Here's the egg mold I used: Wilton Easter Egg Mold. 

Hope you enjoy this fun and easy recipe for Easter!

Can I swap almond flour with coconut flour?

​Unfortunately coconut flour is very dense and absorbent so swapping it evenly with other sugar free flour or keto flours is very difficult and not easy to do.

For example, ¼ cup coconut flour is about equal to 1 cup blanched almond flour. I would say you may need to double the almond flour or reduce the butter and cream cheese by half when using 1 cup of almond flour. 

Can I use pure maple syrup?

Often I get this question on many of my recipes, and this is that you could do but would add sugar and carbs to the nutrition info listed below for my recipe.

I don't use maple syrup as it spikes my blood sugar and causes me to have sugar cravings. 

You could use my conversion chart and follow it for regular sugar amounts listed to replace the liquid stevia I used. 

Can I make these into truffles instead?

​Yes if you want to make these keto cookie dough truffles instead of Easter eggs, just roll the keto cookie dough into balls and dip in melted chocolate. 

More Easter Keto Desserts

Keto Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles

Low Carb Carrot Cake Cheesecake

Low Carb Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Keto Lemon Cream Pie

Keto Coconut Butter Easter Bunny 

Keto Caramel Easter Eggs

Keto Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

Keto Cookie Dough Easter Eggs

Print

Keto Cookie Dough Easter Eggs

Prep Time 10 minutes
Servings 16 eggs
Calories 220kcal
Author Brenda Bennett/Sugar Free Mom

Ingredients

Chocolate Coating

Instructions

  • Blend the first six wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetener, if needed. Mix in coconut flour, then stir in chocolate chips.
  • Press into Easter egg mold, or shape into ovals or using a cookie cutter, and lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
  • Melt chocolate and butter together, then stir until completely smooth. Pour in about 2 teaspoons of chocolate into Easter egg mold, then insert frozen cookie dough egg and cover with more chocolate. If you don’t have an egg mold, simply dip each oval-shaped cookie dough egg into melted chocolate until covered. Remove with a fork, tapping off excess chocolate and lay onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
  • Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened. Best if kept refrigerated until ready to serve.

Video

Notes

 4 g net carbs for one cookie dough egg
This recipe was first published in April 2017.

Nutrition

Serving: 1egg | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.02mg
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment