Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » “The final straw that made me quit sugar.”

“The final straw that made me quit sugar.”

Written By Unknown on Sunday 2 April 2017 | 23:31


What would it take for you to quit sugar and reclaim your health?

Would it be the desire to break your addiction, or perhaps the realisation your children aren’t eating as well as they should be?

We asked the I Quit Sugar: 8-Week Program Ambassadors to tell us the final straw that made them quit sugar for good – these are their stories.

I was trapped in an unhealthy eating cycle.

Rani is one of our most dedicated Ambassadors – she’s done the 8WP 12 times and counting! But before she learnt to love real food, Rani had a damaging relationship with her diet.

“I was in a constant cycle of bingeing, starving and exercising. I knew something was seriously wrong, but I didn’t know how to fix it.

“After a massive sugar binge, I was lying in bed feeling awful. Suddenly I realised it wasn’t another diet that I needed – I needed to quit sugar. And so I did.”

I was headed towards type 2 diabetes.

When Erin’s mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, she started scouting for sugar-free recipes – and realised she could be heading towards the same fate.

“I came across I Quit Sugar and all the research about sugar and its impact on our health.

“I knew I was headed in the same direction as Mum, so it was a relatively easy decision to quit sugar myself (and she did too, as it happens!).”

My kids weren’t eating real food.

Mum-of-three Elise relied on sugar and processed food as she struggled with her hectic schedule. But a visit to the IQS site showed her how easy (and delicious) real food could be.

“I suddenly realised how much processed food I was buying and feeding my young family. But I was working long hours and didn’t have the knowledge or energy to prepare healthy meals.

“I tried a few IQS meals, discovered they were easy to prepare and the family actually enjoyed them! That was the clincher for me to join the 8-Week Program as a family.”

I wanted better for my children.

With a newborn daughter to look after, Claire used sugar to keep her energy up. Until she realised her energy levels were actually much better without the sweet stuff!

“I hadn’t realised how much sugar I was consuming until I read I Quit Sugar when my daughter was just a few months old. Even though it was tough, I kept it going because I knew I wanted better for her.

“When my son was born, I even started Raising Sugar Free Kids to keep me accountable and motivated. Without sugar, my health has completely changed for the better.”

I binged on sugar all the time.

Zoe had no illusions that her “crazy sugar binges” were actually part of an addiction. So, when she read about IQS, she had to try it out for herself.

“I stumbled upon [IQS founder and director] Sarah Wilson‘s journey and loved that she quit as an experiment. And so I did the same!

“Long story short, I feel so much better just eating real food and ditching the sugar.”  

I was totally out of control.

Sarah realised she needed to quit sugar when she caught herself eating cereal with a serving spoon in the dead of night. Something had to give!

“I was just mindlessly eating and eating. I caught sight of my reflection in the kitchen window, and I thought, ‘What the freaking heck am I doing?!’

“I felt feel totally out of control and a slave to counting calories. Since breaking free, I know exactly who I am, I’m no longer a number on a scale, I’m pleased to say I’m FREE!”

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment