Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » “Eight weeks after quitting sugar, without even trying, we naturally conceived our first child.”

“Eight weeks after quitting sugar, without even trying, we naturally conceived our first child.”

Written By Unknown on Sunday 12 March 2017 | 12:03


Fertility is extremely complex. Even if you’re doing all the “right things”, sometimes you just need a little help along the way.

We’re always overjoyed to hear of people who have cut the added sugar and hidden junk out of their diets, only to fall pregnant naturally. Here are just a few of their stories.

Note: If you are struggling to get pregnant or suspect fertility issues, consult with your doctor first and foremost.

Tahlia’s story.

After being diagnosed with polycystic ovarian disease (PCOS) and endometriosis, Tahlia was told she would never naturally conceive. But after just eight weeks of quitting sugar, she did just that!

“At 13 weeks I went for my first ultrasound and we saw our perfect little baby,” says Tahlia. “The radiographer looked at both my ovaries and asked me how long I had been through IVF for and when I told her “never,” she was shocked that this was a natural conception considering how bad my illnesses were.

“The radiographer looked at both my ovaries and asked me how long I had been through IVF for and when I told her ‘never’, she was shocked that this was a natural conception considering how bad my illnesses were.”

Now, Melody is nearly two years old and the whole family live a healthy, energetic lifestyle. Tahlia also feels less pain from her illnesses, and is 15kg lighter than she was pre-pregnancy!

I Quit Sugar – I Quit Sugar – Tahlia's story: "I was told I would never naturally conceive... but after quitting sugar, I fell pregnant without trying."

Angelique’s story.

Nutritionist Angelique Panagos didn’t always have such a healthy relationship with food. As she battled anorexia and bulimia, her body became very inflamed and she developed PCOS and autoimmune thyroid disease.

“I started a very slow journey of self-acceptance and healing. I ate for nutrition, lowered my stress levels and exercised because I loved, not hated, my body.”

But after tragically suffering two miscarriages, Angelique decided to strip out any remaining sugar and carbs. Not long after that, she conceived her beautiful daughter Isabella Rose.

“My husband and I feel so, so blessed. I can’t wait to raise Isabella with a healthy, balanced, beautiful relationship to food.”

Angelique’s story: “I quit sugar and healed my infertility.”

Beck’s story.

Beck was also diagnosed with PCOS, and her doctors actually recommended to her to reduce her sugar intake. So, she cut down on treats and sugary snacks – and lost 13kg! She says quitting sugar

She says quitting sugar long-term greatly helped her fall pregnant. Twice.

“My infertility was caused by hormonal imbalances. Given that sugar directly affects these, quitting sugar contributed greatly to my two pregnancies,” Beck says.

Now the whole family lives a natural, whole foods-based lifestyle – that’s pretty sweet!

I Quit SUga r- Beck’s story: “Quitting sugar helped me fall pregnant. Twice.”

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment