Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » Motel muggins, mackerel and 8 other things super healthy people eat for breakfast

Motel muggins, mackerel and 8 other things super healthy people eat for breakfast

Written By Unknown on Thursday 12 January 2017 | 11:05


When you quit sugar, breakfast can be a real struggle at first.

Most popular breakfast options can be hiding teaspoons of sugar (we’re looking at you, muesli, low-fat yoghurt and juice) or just don’t give you a particularly nutrient-dense start to the day.

Luckily, the IQS community knows how to get creative first thing in the morning! From smoothie bowls to quick french toast to motel muggins, try adding some of these super easy breakfasts to your weekly repertoire.

1. Meg’s mackerel.

“My current obsession is tinned mackerel tossed together with shredded broccoli, rocket, kale and cucumber and sauerkraut, all topped with nuts or a fried egg. Insanely nutritious, super yummy and it fills me up. Tick, tick, tick!” – Meg, food and recipes manager

10 quick and easy breakfasts super healthy people eat every morning

2. Eggs, avo and smoked salmon.

“I usually eat breakfast around 10 am, which fuels me through to 2pm. I love nothing more than eggs with avocado and smoked salmon. It’s a protein hit with plenty of satiating fats from the avo.” – Diana, personal trainer and IQS expert

3. Supercharged oats.

“Porridge is one of my absolute favourites. I make my oats with water, then add nut milk for something creamy, a few spices, something crunchy (coconut, buckinis or cacao nibs) and then some kind of berry or sweetener-free homemade compote.” – Marisa, IQS ambassador

10 quick and easy breakfasts super healthy people eat every morning

4. Eggy muggin.

“A five-minute breakfast that’s actually good for you! While my muggin is in the microwave, I have a piece of sourdough going in the toaster. Then I just add some leftover veggies from last night on top and a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper.” – Rebecca, customer service team lead

5. Veggie fritters.

“On the weekends, I often prepare a batch of Zucchini Fritters or Carrot Hash (both from the I Quit Sugar: 8-Week Program), which I can then just reheat and serve with a poached egg and avocado all week long!” – Elise, IQS ambassador

10 quick and easy breakfasts super healthy people eat every morning

6. Leftovers from the night before (with an egg).

“I almost always have leftovers! I find that a breakfast high in protein and fat really helps stabilise my energy levels throughout the day. I also think it’s really time efficient because, well, it’s already been cooked!” – Natalie, dietician and IQS expert

7. Fridgilicous Frittata.

“Perfect in so many ways. You can use up your leftovers, refrigerate it for about five days and eat it on the go. I just wrap in individual portions and grab one every morning as I walk out the door.” – Matt, associate product manager

10 quick and easy breakfasts super healthy people eat every morning

8. Yoghurt, fruit, nut butter and seeds.

“This super convenient brekkie is great for when we’re travelling (or things are just a little hectic at home!). With virtually no prep needed, you can grab the ingredients from any supermarket or even a small town shop.” – Jenny, IQS ambassador

9. Quick french toast with Pumpkin Spice Butter.

“I’m a big fan of the Pumpkin Spice Butter from Sarah’s I Quit Sugar: Simplicious. Keeping a batch in the fridge means it’s easy to add to a quick french toast or toasted sandwich for breakfast.” – Erin, IQS ambassador

10 quick and easy breakfasts super healthy people eat every morning

10. Motel muggin smoothie bowl.

“I drink a smoothie for breakfast 365 days a year. But my recent NZ travels forced me to get creative. We started mixing Greek yoghurt and peanut butter in our motel mugs, topping it with berries, nuts and seeds. The PB/yoghurt combo is EPIC!” – Alyssa, marketing executive

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment