Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.

Beth's Weight Loss Success Story

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 30 January 2024 | 03:27


Beth has lost 55 pounds and is extremely satisfied with where her weight is. Her enjoyment in cooking returned.

My story begins as a young child and being a “big” girl. I was allergic to many foods as a child and I believe that medication given to me at that time contributed to my weight issues. I was the only one in the family with weight issues at that time.

The extra weight stayed with me into adulthood. Some of the extra weight was eating due to depression. I felt comfort in the food at the time of eating, then remorse that I ate it.

In my late teens my mom and I went to a weight loss group. It did nothing for me. We were told that we needed to eat less.

I continued to try different weight loss plans, including Nutra System, low carb, low fat, keto (dirty). I tried different weight loss supplements and even bought the Oprah Keto Gummies. I didn’t end up taking them after looking at the testimonials. No way it would be healthy to lose that much weight, that fast, if it were true.

I had some success with the keto recipes that I tried before, then life happened and I gained the weight back. I only went up about 5 pounds more than I started at. We found the Sugar Free Mom and used several of your recipes.

In December 2023, I was on Facebook while home with COVID (lost 8 pounds) and saw that the 30 Day Sugar Elimination Diet book was available for pre-sale. I liked your recipes well enough that I ordered the book.

Later I saw the Facebook group and the start date of 1/2/23. I decided that I was all in.

Two adult sons, my husband and I were in the home at the time. I told my guys that I was only cooking one dinner each day. If they wanted to eat that dinner, they needed to notify me in advance so that I could cook enough.

One son wasn’t interested, nor was my husband. The younger son looked at all of the recipes and said that he was eating every day, but the shrimp days. He is 6’2”, wears a 28 waist pants.

He has no weight to lose but he was in. I think he really didn’t want to cook for himself after getting home at 6:45pm.

We had a tough start getting dinner before 7:30, I work until 6pm. Mid-week 2, the rhythm shifted and we were having dinner at about 6:45. Week 3 my son offered to cook dinner since he was off work. I took him up on it. Simple Skillet Chili was the dish.

His cooking has improved over the months and he continues to cook one or two days a week. He eats regular rice and pasta with his meal and I eat shirataki. I learned that the pasta sauce I was using fits into the plan, so does my meat and shirataki noodles. I was just eating too much.

The weight started coming off! The scale was no longer an enemy, nor was the full-length mirror in the restroom at work.

I tried intermittent fasting for 2 weeks and did not lose any weight. As soon as I started eating 3 meals, the loss resumed. I was not able to get enough protein in during the two meals.

Describe your experience in this area of your life now:

Informed choices. I could eat a donut if I wanted, but I don’t. It does not work with my goal to maintain my weight at this level.

How do you feel now about your weight, weight loss, food, food choices and your body?

I am so excited about the weight loss and food choices that I make now. The cookbook is on my counter so that we are reminded to keep going. My body needs some toning and I have started exercising. Bought a treadmill since I knew that I would not go to a gym.

What have you been able to achieve and experience?

With your help, I am down 50 pounds and am extremely satisfied with where my weight is. My goal was to reach 160. I was at 159.9 on 9/2/23. The weight did not stop going down until I reached 155 a couple weeks later.

My enjoyment in cooking returned. It is a lot of work to cook 3 meals a day, but it is so worth it. Portion control has been so much better since I know that a cup or 6 ounces is enough.

What have you been able to transform?

My mind. I had to answer your question, is it hunger or habit with “habit”. I always had keto snacks in my bag…and ate them. Now I know that if I get hungry and
don’t have food, I won’t starve.

What is one word that would describe this area of your life before?

Unsuccessful

What is one word that would describe this area of your life now?

Transformed

Favorite Recipes?

Fish Taco Bowl is #1 favorite. Cabbage Roll Skillet, Chili, Stuffed Peppers, Buffalo Wings without buffalo sauce, and Garlic Steak Bites are in the top ten. Really, I could fix these rotating through and be happy for a while.

What would you say to a woman who’s been extremely frustrated, struggling with her weight and considering but hesitant about signing up for the Tribe membership?

This is an investment in yourself. Subscribe for 3 months and give it your all, the food, the Facebook group, encouraging others. If this plan isn’t for you, you haven’t spent any more money than another plan and you still have a great cookbook.

Brenda Bennett is a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, certified Sugar Detox Coach, certified Keto Coach and certified Life Coach. She has been Sugar Free & Refined carb free for 17 years and has written 2 cookbooks, Sugar-Free Mom, and Naturally Keto and her 3rd book The 30-Day Sugar Elimination Diet,  is a four part program to help you detox from sugar, eliminate cravings, balance blood sugar and lose weight all while eating a delicious, nutrient dense whole foods. Meal plan offers two tracks to follow, low carb or keto. She is the founder of the Sugar Free Fresh Start course and Sugar Free Tribe weight loss membership.

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment