Enjoy cooking
Browse through over
650,000 tasty recipes.
Home » , , , , » Had a sugar lapse? It happens to the best of us!

Had a sugar lapse? It happens to the best of us!

Written By Unknown on Saturday 4 November 2017 | 11:02


If you’ve fallen off the sugar-free wagon, rest assured – it happens to us all.

Even the IQS team have the odd trip-up, but instead of spiralling into a sugar-laden nightmare, we have a few tried and tested tactics to get straight back on track.

Here’s how we roll with the punches…

“It’s a marathon, not a sprint.”

Restriction is not the way to do it! Focus on the bigger picture, says our writer and content creator, Phoebe.

“I used to beat myself up over small healthy eating lapses. But life is life and at the end of the day, a little slip-up (or even a big one!) isn’t a big deal. I’ve found focusing on the bigger picture helps me get back on track. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. I tie my hair up (ponytail lover over here), drink some water and stay positive – after all, it isn’t the end of the world.”

“A little slip-up in the grand scheme of things is like a black peppercorn in a bag of sea salt”

Our nutritionist and food and recipes manager, Georgia, believes that forming a positive relationship with food means there’s no need to worry about slip-ups!

“Forming a positive relationship with food begins with acknowledging that just like one healthy meal won’t make you healthy, one naughty meal won’t erase the benefits of a healthy diet. If you adopt a balanced, nutritious diet most of the time, that one little slip-up in the grand scheme of things is like a black peppercorn in a bag of sea salt, you’d hardly notice it!”

“I don’t have time for guilt!”

Our senior content and editorial manager, Ashley, always owns her choices.

“For me, the key is to ditch the food guilt! If I indulge in something sweet or fall off the sugar-free wagon, I’ve learnt not to feel bad about it. In the past, I used to allow one sugary slip-up to derail my whole day, but now I own the decision, enjoy the moment and then get straight back on track.”

“Eat crap, feel crap. Eat fresh, feel fresh”

Our office manager, Maddy, has her own health motto to get back on the healthy eating track.

“I’m all about referring back to my personal health motto… Eat crap, feel crap. Eat fresh, feel fresh! When I remind myself of this (and feel crap after indulging) it’s easy for me to put the slip-up behind me and get back on the healthy eating wagon.”    

“Head to the farmers market and buy a heap of fresh veggies”

Liv, our nutritionist and recipe developer, gets herself genuinely excited about new foods.

“We all like to indulge! To get back on track, I just continue what I would normally do! I like to head to the farmers market and buy a heap of fresh veggies. Then I’ll spend some time cooking up some delish food to eat throughout the week. Not only does this genuinely excite me but it means I have a whole bunch of yum, healthy food ready to go.”

If you’ve fallen off the healthy eating wagon, don’t stress! We’ve got your back.

Our 7-Day Reboot Program was designed specially to recalibrate your palate, with a whopping 7–9 serves of veggies every day.

You’ll feel refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to roll in no time.

We originally published this post in May 2017. We updated it in November 2017.

SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment